So you've purchased a new pair of track spikes and your wondering how to take care of them so they last. So here are some top tips.
- Do not over tighten the pins/spikes as it will damage the pin threads. If the spikes seem stiff while twisting in use some WD40 or other light lubricant, this will also help when removing the spikes.
- Never use the spikes without the pins inserted. The pin threads could get damaged resulting in not being able to fit the pins at all.
- Hand wash and do not tumble dry. Tumble dryers are known to destroy shoes especially spikes so let them air dry and wash by hand only. We find that using an old toothbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies works great.
- Store your spikes in a separate bag to the rest of your gear. Spikes can be sharp and damage your other equipment.
- Never walk with spikes on concrete. This will flatten the tips thus reducing track grip.